X-MIME-Autoconverted buffer overflow?

From: Mxsmanic <mxsmanic_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 23:50:29 +0100

Are there any known bugs associated with autoconversion of incoming messages from quoted-printable to 8-bit?

I get messages coming in and undergoing this conversion, and the resulting text often has blocks of garbage that are pretty clearly the contents of some buffer into which something overflowed. I see the messages this way on two different e-mail clients (Outlook Express and The Bat!), so I don't think it's a client problem. It seems to be associated with X-MIME-Autoconverted.

I'm running 8.12.9.

Also, how do I turn off this autoconversion in the m4 file? I removed the '9' flag manually from the mailer flags in the sendmail.cf file for the moment, but since I have previously used m4 to generate it, I'd like to know how to do it from m4. I can't see any particular reason for leaving this default conversion in place (?).